Before It's News | Popular NEWS

Friday, October 17, 2014

Obama's Credit Card Declined At Restaurant

The President quips that he was fortunate the First Lady was able to pay when they dined in New York last month


Sky News US Team


Barack Obama's credit card was declined at a New York City restaurant last month, the president has revealed.


Mr Obama admitted the embarrassment to reporters on Friday as he signed a new executive order aimed at promoting tighter debit card security and preventing identity theft.


"Even I'm affected by this," the President said.


Mr Obama's card was declined when he stopped for a bite during the United Nations General Assembly in September.


"I was trying to explain to the waitress: 'No, I really think that I've been paying my bills'," he said.


"It turned out, I guess I don't use it enough. They thought there was some fraud going on."


Mr Obama said "fortunately" First Lady Michelle Obama had a credit card that they could use.


Identity theft has affected an estimated 100 million Americans in the past year at retailers like Target and Home Depot.


The President's executive order, in part, calls for more secure payments to and from the federal government, and seeks to set up an online, "one-stop resource" for victims of identity theft.






Read more about Obama's Credit Card Declined At Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment