Before It's News | Popular NEWS

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Obama: 'I Can't ... Oh, Wait, I Did'

See video of reversal on using executive orders to address amnesty


WND


obama_over_shoulder


Barack Obama has been talking about amnesty and using executive orders to do what Congress has refused to do for years.


It started even before he was president, when in 2008 he said, “I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I am president of the United States of America.”


A few years later, he said, “There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system.”


July 25, 2011, he said, “I know some people want me to bypass Congress, and change the laws on my own.”


In 2013, it was, “If, in fact, I could solve all the problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so.”


And then, “For me, to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.”


And he said, “With respect to the notion I can just suspend deportations through executive order. That’s just not the case.”


Further, he continued, “This notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. There are laws on the books that Congress has passed. There are laws on the books that I have to enforce.”


And, “We’re also a nation of laws, that’s part of our tradition.”


And, “I am not a dictator, I am the president.”


Then this year it was different: “I’m going to do what I can do through executive actions.”


And finally?


“There have been significant numbers of deportations. But what you’re not paying attention to is the fact I just took an action to change the law.”


Read More Here


Reposted with permission






Read more about Obama: 'I Can't ... Oh, Wait, I Did'

No comments:

Post a Comment